If getting up for work in the morning and making breakfast seems like too much effort, then this delicious and creamy Greek yogurt and granola breakfast bowl is just for you. Greek yogurt is topped with luxurious grain free homemade granola, berries and edible flowers and is as pretty as it is delicious.
If you do not know how to make granola then my home made granola recipe is the best place to start. It is gluten free and has no additives or preservatives. Since perfecting my refined sugar free granola recipe for Easy Homemade Granola, I’ve been having it for breakfast a few times a week in granola yogurt cups.
I should warn you that my homemade granola recipe is very moreish and you may find yourself snacking on the granola clusters during the day.
How to eat yogurt and granola for breakfast
I have everything ready and it takes literally 5 minutes to throw it all together and have a delicious meal that keeps me full until lunchtime.
- Greek yogurt is recommended for the yogurt and granola breakfast as it is strained to remove most of it’s whey and has a thicker consistency and higher protein density than other natural yogurts, making it more filling.
- My favorite yogurt and granola breakfast recipes include berries, banana slices or edible flowers.
- The granola bowl makes a filling breakfast with the yogurt, and the fruit can be as simple as a handful of pomegranate arils or a few cherries.
- The crunchy granola recipe can also be served like cereal with hot or cold milk.
If Greek yogurt and granola for breakfast does not tickle your fancy then please click on the links below for more breakfast options.
- Overnight dairy free muesli and oats
- Toasted luxury berry nut muesli
- Low Carb Almond coconut bread
- Homemade Labneh
- Almond and coconut breakfast pancakes
- Shakshuka poached eggs in spicy tomato sauce
Greek yogurt and Granola breakfast bowl
- 250 ml full fat greek yogurt approximately 1 cup
- 125 ml granola approximately 1/2 cup
- 2 strawberries sliced
- 10 raspberries
- 8 cape gooseberries
- 10 edible flowers
- Divide the yogurt between two breakfast bowls
- Sprinkle half the granola over each bowl of yogurt
- Slice the strawberries into rounds and place on the one side of each bowl
- Place half the raspberries on the other side of each bowl
- Decorate down the middle with alternating gooseberries and edible flowers
- Serve cold
The berries and edible flowers can be substituted with any other cut seasonal fruits.
If the fruits are not very sweet, drizzle over a teaspoon of honey (optional)
Disclaimer: Nutritional information for the recipe is an approximation and varies according to the ingredients and products used.
If you liked the recipe above please consider rating the recipe and leaving a comment below. Also keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more updates. Don’t forget to #tantalisemytastebuds if you repost from our account on Instagram!
Don’t forget to share the recipe with your family and friends and #tantalisemytastebuds if you share one of my recipes that you made on Instagram!
Want more? To get new recipes and travel posts delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to Tantalise My Taste Buds.