Cherry and raspberry breakfast sundae
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
A delicious breakfast sundae combining sweet cherries and tart raspberries with creamy greek yogurt, muesli and wildflower honey.
- 250 ml raspberries approximately 1 cup
- 500 ml pitted cherries approximately 2 cups - I used 250 ml red and 250 ml yellow
- 20 ml confectioner's sugar
- 10 ml honey
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 500 ml Greek yogurt
- 125 ml muesli gluten free
- 30 ml wildflower honey
Pit the cherries and cut each half in half again.
Add the whole raspberries to the bowl.
Add the sifted confectioner's sugar, 10 ml honey and lemon juice then stir lightly to mix.
Leave to macerate for at least 20 minutes to allow the juices to draw and form a syrup.
Divide the fruit between 4 glasses and spoon over 125ml of greek yogurt into each glass.
Top with muesli and honey and serve.
- You may replace the confectioners sugar with stevia to taste or 10 ml honey, and adjust the lemon juice accordingly.
- You can use all red cherries instead of a mixture if the yellow is not available.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 27.1mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 3.7mg