Easy Banana pancakes with mixed berries
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
These tender and fluffy easy banana pancakes served with mixed berries and maple syrup make a delicious breakfast.
- 260 grams banana approximately 2 extra large banana
- 2.5 ml lemon juice approximately 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 egg large
- 30 ml fine granulated sugar approximately 2 tablespoons
- 187 grams cake flour, sifted approximately 330ml or 1 1/3 cups
- 10 ml baking powder approximately 2 level teaspoons
- 250 ml milk
- 30 ml butter melted (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 1.25 ml salt adjust to taste
- 30 ml oil or butter to brush the pan
- 250 ml mixed berries strawberries, blackberries, raspberries for serving
- 60 ml Maple syrup or honey as required
In a medium size bowl break up the banana then mash it with a fork until mostly smooth with a few small lumps.
Add the lemon juice to prevent the banana browning.
Add the egg and sugar and whisk together until combined.
Add the milk and mix lightly.
Add the sifted flour and baking powder and salt and mix until combined but not smooth.
Lastly add the melted butter.
Take care not to over mix.
To cook the pancakes
Heat the pan on medium and brush oil onto the surface of the pan, then wipe it off with a piece of paper towel.
Drop 60ml or 1/4 cup per pancake onto the hot surface.
When it starts to bubble, flip the pancake and cook for another 30 seconds on the other side.
Serve with mixed fresh berries and maple syrup.
- To make it a bit more wholesome, you may replace 1/2 cup of the flour with wholewheat flour or oat flour. This may require additional milk.
- If you don't want to use maple syrup, cut up the strawberries and add some honey or granulated sugar before adding the rest of the berries. Allow to macerate for at least 20 minutes before using.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 0.7mg