Overnight dairy free muesli and oats
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
This overnight dairy free muesli and oats breakfast combines the creaminess of almond and coconut milk with sweet raisins, raspberries and pomegranate and the crunch of hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- 75 grams gluten free muesli ready made is fine, (approximately 187.5 ml or 3/4 cup)
- 25 grams gluten free rolled oats approximately 62.5 ml or 1/4 cup
- 375 ml almond and coconut milk approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 125 ml raisins approximately 1/2 cup
- 1 medium granny smith apple grated
- 15 ml lemon juice approximately 1 tablespoon
- 125 ml hazelnuts approximately 1/2 cup
- 60 ml pomegranate seeds plus 10 ml extra to garnish
- 6 Raspberries
- 10 ml pomegranate seeds
- 15 ml pumpkin seeds
- 5 ml honey
Weigh or measure out the muesli and oats into a glass bowl and add the milk.
Add the raisins and mix then cover and refrigerate overnight.
Before serving, grate the apple directly into the bowl and add lemon juice to prevent browning.
Add the hazelnuts and 60 ml of the pomegranate seeds
Stir everything through but be careful not to make it mushy.
Decant into serving bowls and top with raspberries, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and a teaspoon of honey on each one and serve.
I used a combination of gluten free muesli and gluten free rolled oats, but you can use all muesli or all oats.
If you like it more gloopy, add another 125 ml of almond and coconut milk. If you do not like nut milks you can substitute it with any other dairy or non-dairy alternative.
If you do not have honey you may use stevia, maple syrup or agave nectar for sweetening. Adjust the amounts according to your taste. You may find the raisins add enough sweetness and leave out the honey garnish altogether.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 909kcal | Carbohydrates: 121g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 1396mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 19.6mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 9.1mg