Table of Contents
A few weeks ago I received a message on facebook from a South African blogger at The Spice Goddess telling me to enter the Kerala Blog Express, a two week adventure through Kerala. I recalled reading Verushka’s blog posts from her own trip last year and was excited at the prospect.
I was informed via email that my profile has been added to the contestants section of the Kerala Blog Express website, for the 5th edition in March 2018.
Please assist me to join the Kerala Blog Express
- Please click on the link below to register as a voter (tick the voter box), click on update on the next screen and add your details if you wish, then cast your Vote for Razena.
- Vote by 10 January 2018, and remember you are only allowed to vote once.
- Please share this post and the voting link with your family friends and help me to join the Kerala Blog Express.
What is the Kerala Blog Express?
- The Department of Tourism for Kerala, a state in South India, organizes an annual bloggers meet that is now in it’s fifth season.
- Bloggers from all over the world are invited to enter and 30 will be chosen to experience a two week all expenses paid expedition to Kerala, traversing the state from North to South.
- Bloggers must pay for their own flights to Kerala but that is partly reimbursable.
- Activities have included backwater cruises, participating in village activities, learning about spices and attending festivals.
Why I want to be selected for the Kerala Blog Express
- Over the past 11 years in Dubai, many of my friends and co-workers have hailed from Kerala and I have grown to love the people and South Indian cuisine. Keralites are very proud of the fact that they have the highest literacy rate in the country and that they also have the highest standard of living in the country.
- My colleagues regularly exhort me to visit what they refer to as ‘God’s own country’ for it’s exceptional beauty and lush greenery, but I have been loathe to travel there alone due to safety concerns as a solo traveller. This will be the perfect opportunity to fulfill that dream.
- I would love to learn how to select the spices and cook all my favorite South Indian dishes.
Selection criteria for the Kerala Blog Express
- Number of votes received through public voting
- Judges review of the blogger and blog including:
- Country of origin
- Quality of the blog
- Social media reach
Thank you in advance for your support.
To read about any of my other travel experiences please click here.
Cover photo by Kyran Low on Unsplash.