This Chicken salad with cherry tomatoes, olives and artichokes is not a traditional recipe of overcooked chicken drowning in mayo or dressing.
Generally chicken salad is boring and mostly over lubricated with dressing or mayonnaise, stuffed with fat chunks of tasteless tomato or other vegetables, and squeezed inside a sandwich or baguette.
This healthy chicken salad recipe has artichoke hearts and olives on a bed of spinach greens. The vinaigrette that the artichoke hearts and olives were steeped in give it a lovely sharp bite. This tanginess goes well with the mildness of the chicken and the sweetness of the cherry tomatoes and snack red pepper.
The sliced radishes and sweet snack peppers add a pop of color and crunch to this leftover roasted chicken salad recipes for dinner.
This basic recipe uses rotisserie roast chicken and can be customised to your heart’s content. If you like a bit of sweetness you can also make this chicken salad with grapes or apples. For something more substantial you can add pasta for a macaroni chicken salad or you can make the salad with chicken and avocado.
For more healthy salad recipes check out the other recipes below:
- Ultimate Summer Salad
- Tricolor Quinoa Salad with pomegranate, walnuts and feta
- Crayfish salad with cherry tomatoes, olives and artichokes
- Citrus Salad with pistachios and pomegranate
Chicken salad with cherry tomatoes, olives and artichokes
- 200 grams roasted chicken breast (cubed, approximately 1 breast)
- 250 ml baby spinach leaves (approximately 1 cup)
- 30 grams small radishes (2 thinly sliced)
- 80 grams small artichoke hearts (2 whole, quartered)
- 30 ml spring onion sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half if they are big)
- 10 olives (black and green mixed)
- 1 small sweet snack pepper
- Salt and black pepper (if required)
- Arrange the spinach leaves on the plate and top with the sliced radishes.
- Add the artichoke hearts (check if there is any of the fuzzy bits that need to removed).
- Scatter two thirds of the spring onions, cherry tomatoes, sweet pepper and olives over the salad.
- Arrange the chicken so you are assured of a bite with every mouthful.
- Scatter over the remainder of the spring onions, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers and olives and serve.
Nutritional information for the recipe is an approximation and varies according to the ingredients and products used.
Don’t forget to share the recipe with your family and friends and #tantalisemytastebuds if you share one of my recipes that you made on Instagram!
Want more? Join our club and subscribe to Tantalise My Taste Buds to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.