Low carb Asparagus and Spinach soup is the perfect quick meal when you are too tired to cook but want something light, healthy and ketoish. I made this for the first time when I had a very low calorie restricted diet with a very narrow list of ingredients and added shrimps for protein.
I had never tried asparagus with spinach before and had no idea how to make a healthy asparagus soup, but was delighted with the result.
You can make this easy asparagus soup vegan by using a vegetable garnish, replacing the creme fraiche with coconut cream and using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
Easy Low carb asparagus and spinach soup with shrimps.
- 30 ml butter approximately 2 tablespoons
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 125 ml asparagus, chopped approximatley 1/2 cup
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 200 grams baby spinach
- 500 ml chicken stock, fresh is better, but a stock cube or concentrate works too approximatley 2 cups
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ml creme fraiche approximately 1 tablespoon
- 150 grams cooked shrimps optional
- Melt the butter in small pot, and add the onion, asparagus, celery and a pinch of salt.
- Saute for about 5 minutes until the onions are translucent then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the stock and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, which will take about 2 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to make a smooth soup.
- Add the creme fraiche or sour cream after blending.
- Reheat, adjust the seasoning and serve topped with the cooked shrimps.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information for the recipe is an approximation and varies according to the ingredients and products used.
Don’t forget to share the recipe with your family and friends and #tantalisemytastebuds if you share one of my recipes that you made on Instagram!
Want more? To get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox, join our club and subscribe to Tantalise My Taste Buds.